What are the advantages of Telemedicine for Patients?
- No transportation time or costs to get to the doctor's office
- No need to take time off work
- Eliminate child or elder care issues
- On-Demand Options
- Access to specialists
- Less chance of catching a new illness
- Less time in the waiting room.
- Improved Health.
What are the benefits of Telehealth for the healthcare industry?
- Advance new healthcare business models
- Improves patient engagement with remote monitoring
- Expands Access to care and reaches more patients
- Improves clinical workflows and increases practice efficiency
- Increases practice revenue
- Reduces practice overhead
- Cuts patient costs
- Improves Healthcare Quality
- Reduces patient no-shows
- Improves Patient Satisfaction
Why Telehealth?Telehealth is emerging as a critical component of the healthcare crisis solution. Telehealth holds the promise to significantly impact some of the most challenging problems of our current healthcare system: access to care, cost effective delivery, and distribution of limited providers. Telehealth can change the current paradigm of care and allow for improved access and improved health outcomes in cost effective ways.
How did telehealth start?Interestingly enough, the roots of telehealth come from NASA. They started monitoring physiological data of astronauts during space flights utilizing satellite technology. Based on this successful concept, NASA continued to fund ongoing telehealth related research projects.
What is telehealth?As defined by the American Telemedicine Association (ATA) “telemedicine is the use of medical information exchanged from one site to another via electronic communications to improve a patient’s clinical health status”