Provides diagnostic and therapeutic outpatient services to adults and/or children. Plans, organizes, and provides psychotherapeutic services to clients whose level of functioning indicates they can benefit from outpatient therapy.
Employee will adhere to the Memorial Health System (MHS) Code of Conduct, the MHS Ethics and Corporate Compliance Plan, MBH policies and procedures, as well as performance standards established by the governing board/administration and accrediting bodies.
Minimum Master's in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or closely related human service field required, preferably in social services field.
Must have own transportation, valid IL Driver's License, and proof of auto liability insurance.
- Direct Clinical Services
- Develop initial comprehensive assessment data including clients presenting problems, mental status, relevant psychiatric, medical and developmental histories to make decisions regarding diagnosis (per DSM-V), treatment objectives and ongoing treatment plans and/or to provide information and make appropriate referrals to other treatment resources in the community.
- Provide required hours of billable services per week to clients.
- Implement crisis or pre-crisis intervention procedures with potentially suicidal, homicidal, or severely disabled clients. Where appropriate referrals will be made to consulting psychiatrists or inpatient psychiatric facilities to prevent further destabilization.
- Interview collateral contacts, previous and current treatment professionals, and significant others, to further establish a database for assessment and ongoing treatment plan as needed.
- Clarify priority problems, goals for change, and session limits according to agency policy to assist clients in developing appropriate expectations for treatment in relationship to the agency. Use a variety of psychotherapeutic treatment approaches and interventions to change targeted behaviors and stabilize adaptive behaviors with individuals, couples and families.
- Manage the termination process and discharge planning to enhance clients' abilities to retain treatment changes and/or use other available support services.
- May perform projective and objective psychological testing on patients of all age ranges, as assigned.
- May organize, plan and participate in therapy groups for victims of sexual abuse and/or their families, as assigned.
- Client Information System
- Establish appropriate professional files, including comprehensive assessments, progress notes, treatment objectives and plans, previous treatment records, clients' consent to current treatment and for exchange of information.
- Complete required administrative forms (such as, Time Off Slips, Expense Vouchers). Collect necessary information for the purpose of billing and fee collection.
- Provide necessary client information to other agencies or health care providers to coordinate services to identified clients.
- Training Activities/Professional Growth
- Supervisor and employee mutually identify professional goals that will enhance job related skills.
- Participate in ongoing agency meetings, committees and special projects to enhance professional expertise.
- Complete mandatory education requirements by specified deadlines.
- Participate in required staff meetings and in-services to keep abreast of agency policy and administrative procedures, meet requirements for continuing education, and upgrade professional knowledge.
- Engage in appropriate team work functions (such as mutual support, clarification of office responsibilities and procedures) according to best professional judgment and agency policy to provide a professional working environment and effective service delivery.
- Develop cooperative relationships outside the agency with family, physicians, public officials or interested agencies to provide for the development of mental health services in the community.
- Job Relationships
- Demonstrate through initiative and apparent effort involvement in clinical supervision.
- Communicate directly with supervisor for clarification of administrative policy, program evaluation to promote a professional working environment and effective service delivery system.
- Adhere to MHS/MBH Behavioral Standards
- Other Job Responsibilities
- Ability to accommodate evening/weekend hours.
- Perform other duties as required by agency needs.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed