We Are Hiring:
Pulmonary Function Therapist- Part time (20 hours per week); Days- 7:30a-4:00p-Tuesday, Friday and every other Wednesday with weekend (approx. 1 per month) and holiday rotation.
What We Offer You
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development
- Wellbeing programs and holistic growth opportunities
- Work-life balance through generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Medical, dental, vision and retirement match
What You Will Do:
Provide diagnostic evaluation of pulmonary function in patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Perform ordered pulmonary function and pulmonary stress testing. Monitor and evaluate patient
response during and after testing. Document and report testing results.
- Determine testing reference ranges and interpret results. Recognize and correct for invalid test
- Prepare, maintain and calibrate pulmonary function testing equipment. Maintain adequate levels of
supplies used for testing. Troubleshoot equipment problems and report needed repairs/replacements.
- Provide education and resources to patient and/or patient's family based on clinical implications
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon
hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for
Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the Michigan Board of Respiratory Care obtained prior to
hire date or job transfer date required.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree
- PFT experience and stress testing experience preferred.
- Will be trained in Cardiac Stress Testing
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension SE Michigan is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed