We Are Hiring:
Occupational Therapist- Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists-1205 West American Drive Neenah, WI
*Work Schedule- Full-Time 80 hours per pay period-5 days per week. Some of the hours worked will match surgeon's clinic hours. Other hours are negotiable between the hours of 7:00am and 5:30 pm Monday through Friday. Occasional weekends.
What You Will Do:
Evaluate and treat patient with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
- Assess patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implement the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitor and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educate the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provide information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversee the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
- Work in collaboration with an on-site Orthopedic Hand Surgeon at 1205 West American Drive Neenah, WI 54956.
- Perform custom bracing/splinting.
- Provide treatment for patients with various hand and upper extremity dysfunctions
- Work within a dynamic rehab team consisting of Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists to provide exceptional patient centered care
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Certified Hand Therapist preferred, but would consider applicants with strong hands/splinting experience
Why Join Our Team:
For over 170 years, Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding career opportunities at 20 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Nearly 20,000 Ascension Wisconsin associates currently serve in four locations throughout Wisconsin — Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Ministry Healthcare, Columbia St. Mary's, and Affinity Healthcare. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed