We Are Hiring:
AMITA Health Center for Mental Health has provided holistic and compassionate outpatient treatment to those with emotional problems or chronic mental illness in Chicago's northwest suburbs. Our staff of 100 specialists works with more than 3,000 clients every year, treating depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), self-injury, schizophrenia, school truancy and a variety of other conditions. The Center for Mental Health is part of the AMITA Health Behavioral Medicine Institute, the largest behavioral medicine program in Illinois (and the 7th largest in the nation).
We are seeking a full-time Licensed Therapist for our Outpatient Services team at AMITA Health Center for Mental Health.
Work Schedule: Our Therapists work a customizable schedule with a mix of weekday hours and at least one evening until 9:00pm. On Saturdays, our Therapists work 9:00am – 1:00pm.
Location: AMITA Health Center for Mental Health, Arlington Heights, Il
Why join AMITA Health:
- More than a job: Working for Ascension is more than a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare and make a difference for patients, team members and the community.
- Mission and Values: As a community, we welcome all faiths, and are inspired by the mission and values of Ascension, to provide high – quality, compassionate personalized care with dignity, especially to those in our communities who are most in need. This guiding vision is the cornerstone of who we are as a company, national, non-profit and patient focused.
AMITA health offers competitive salaries, PTO plans, and a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts
What You Will Do:
As a Licensed Therapist, you will provide comprehensive assessment, diagnosis and treatment of mental, emotional, behavioral, addictive and developmental disorders and disabilities using specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills.
- Perform comprehensive diagnostic assessments of patient’s needs and psychosocial status.
- Develop a comprehensive, individualized treatment plan and goals for the patient and provide psychotherapy, group and family therapy if applicable.
- Collaborate with other members of the multidisciplinary team, as appropriate, to develop treatment goals for the patient.
- May participate in multidisciplinary patient care conferences discussing information obtained from patient assessments, updates, treatment plans.
- Provide appropriate documentation of all pertinent information obtained in interviews, consultation with other healthcare professionals, referrals, contacts and supportive services provided to each patient.
- Complete necessary documentation and reporting in accordance with departmental standards and Federal and State regulations.
- Provide direct clinical supervision to interns and assigned staff.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- One or more of the following required:
- Clinical Counselor credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Counselor credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Psychologist credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker specializing in Clinical Practice credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Master's degree required.
Education: Masters in psychology or related field required
Licensure: LPC or LSW required
Child and adolescence mental health experience preferred
Why Join Our Team:
AMITA Health, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, is comprised of 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. With more than 900 providers in its medical groups, 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners, AMITA Health serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
We are committed to improving accessibility to healthcare in the communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable to our patients and one another, and we work hard to treat the whole person, body, mind and spirit. Our compassionate, talented team members are the source of our strength, and we invest heavily in their well-being. We offer significant professional opportunities, career advancement potential, comprehensive training and competitive wages.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed