We Are Hiring:
We are seeking a full-time Therapist for our Outpatient Services team at AMITA Health Center for Mental Health.
AMITA Health Center for Mental Health has provided holistic and compassionate outpatient treatment to those with emotional problems
or chronic mental illness in Chicago's northwest suburbs.
Our staff of 100 specialists works with more than 3,000 clients every year, treating depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety,
obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), self-injury, schizophrenia, school truancy and a variety of other conditions.
We are the largest behavioral medicine program in Illinois (and the 7th largest in the nation).
Work Schedule: Our Therapists work a customizable schedule with a mix of weekday hours and at least one evening until 9:00pm. On Saturdays, our Therapists work 9:00am – 1:00pm.
Location: AMITA Health Center for Mental Health, Arlington Heights, Il
Why join AMITA Health:
- More than a job: Working for Ascension is more than a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare
can make a difference for patients, team members and the community.
- Mission and Values: As a community, we welcome all faiths, and are inspired by the mission and values of Ascension, to provide high – quality,
compassionate personalized care with dignity, especially to those in our communities who are most in need.
This guiding vision is the cornerstone of who we are as a company, national, non-profit and patient focused.
AMITA Health provides you with great benefits package that includes:
- An affordable health insurance, prescription drugs, dental and vision plans.
Associates can opt into Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Saving Accounts (HSA) and Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRA).
- A tuition reimbursement program for part-time and full-time associates to help in paying for their tuition.
- Paid Time Off– We support work life balance by providing generous time off and 8 recognized holidays
- Competitive Compensation, profile sharing and a credit union are all included. We offer 404(k) and 403(b) plans to build your retirement savings.
- We provide various financial wellness tools that help with student loan debt repayment, financial goals and access to advisors.
- Industry recognized certifications and free online learning tools to help them engage in work, learn new skills and grow their careers.
Collaborative work environments also give associates a chance to learn from others’ experiences across disciplines.
- In-depth leadership programs that will meet the needs of associates and where they are in their career journeys. Ascension associates.
What You Will Do:
As a Therapist, you will provide behavioral health counseling services.
- Conduct patient assessments and establish therapy treatment goals.
- Administer individual and group therapy.
- Maintain thorough and confidential records of observations.
- Evaluate progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions.
- Provide patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
- Work directly with the patient, family, physician and community providers to ensure active and collaborate care from the initiation of treatment to the time of discharge.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Science, Social Science, or Psychology required.
- Masters in psychology or related field is needed
- 1 year experience in mental health preferred
- Licensure preferred (LPC or LSW)
- Qualified candidate will also have successfully completed a practicum or internship that included a minimum of 1,000 hours of supervised direct service in a mental health setting, or who has one year of clinical experience under the supervision of a QMHP
Why Join Our Team:
AMITA Health, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, is comprised of 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. With more than 900 providers in its medical groups, 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners, AMITA Health serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
We are committed to improving accessibility to healthcare in the communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable to our patients and one another, and we work hard to treat the whole person, body, mind and spirit. Our compassionate, talented team members are the source of our strength, and we invest heavily in their well-being. We offer significant professional opportunities, career advancement potential, comprehensive training and competitive wages.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed