FONEMED's remote Registered Nurses provide telephone triage and health advice to callers across the United States remotely from the comfort of their own home. We use computerized Schmitt/Thompson triage guidelines to assist in assessing patients symptoms. In addition to triage calls, we receive questions requesting information on medical conditions, medications, diagnostic tests, etc. All calls are documented electronically, and all telephone encounters are recorded.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of recent clinical experience as a Registered Nurse in areas such as ER/Urgent Care, Adult, Pediatric, OB/GYN, Orthopedic, Ambulatory Care, Home Health, or ICU preferred.
- A multistate license under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and a California license are preferred. Active licensure in all 50 states would be an asset or the willingness to obtain licenses at the companys request.
- Accredited nursing program graduate.
- Previous telephone triage experience using electronic triage software and computerized medical protocols considered an asset.
- Experience using the Barton Schmitt/David Thompson guidelines will be an asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong clinical assessment skills.
- Exceptional computer skills within a Windows environment and keyboarding ability.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or another language will be considered an asset.
Expectations of Nurse:
- Shifts are a combination of days, evenings, nights, and weekends. The schedule will be discussed depending on company needs.
- Private HIPAA compliant home office with high speed internet connectivity.
- Sits 100% of the time when taking calls.
- Participation (via telephone or video) in staff meetings.
- Full compliance with FONEMED policies and procedures, including HIPAA privacy requirements.
Why Work With US:
- Competitive hourly pay, with shift differentials for overnight and weekend hours.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 401(k) with company matching.
- Company reimbursement for licensure costs.
- FONEMEDs company health insurance, for employee and family, for those who work 24 hours or more per week.
- A comprehensive training and orientation program with a supportive team of co-workers and managers.
- A friendly and collaborative work environment from a company who values our employees.
- Recognition of employee achievements and milestones.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed