Driscoll Children's Hospital
General Purpose of Job:
Provides level 1 support for end users and DCH information systems. Responsible for handling calls escalated from help desk staff.
Education and/or Experience:
¾ High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2 years’ experience preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity guidelines.
- Evaluates client needs, recommends and/or develops and delivers endpoint devices and solutions that support business processes and telehealth service lines.
- Enter all incoming calls to the ticketing system database appropriately.
- Trains clinicians and administrative staff on such workflows and technology use.
- Answers, evaluates and prioritizes incoming requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with computer / telehealth solutions.
- Provides users with consistent updates on the progress of submitted incidents, ordering, building, configuring and deployment of telehealth equipment or devices
- Maintains telehealth hardware and software inventory in the deployment and decommissioning of telehealth devices.
- Visits client sites as needed during technology explorations, deployments or troubleshooting.
- Assembles and supports a fleet of telemedicine carts.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts for troubleshooting purposes.
- Works with the videoconferencing platform administrators to register new endpoints and users.
- Supports audio/visual and videoconferencing infrastructure used for telemedicine and conference rooms.
- Answer questions regarding system procedures, system status, system downtime and downtime.
- Stay informed of all changes to the systems that affect customers.
- Be able to ask the correct questions to discern the urgency of the problem.
- Follow written and/or oral instructions regarding applications to be processed by standard operating procedures and techniques, which are relatively repetitious. Assist Microcomputer Specialists on varies projects and rollouts of new technology.
- Other duties as assigned by Helpdesk Manager.
System & Desk-Side Services: WebEx User account creation, re-imaging PC's, repair/replace PCs and telehealth equipment.
Telehealth Services: User accounts, password resets, client configuration, etc.
PC, Applications and Network Support: Advanced troubleshooting & problem escalation for telehealth related services
Helpdesk, Telehealth and Audio/Video Support: Receive requests – follow up on requests
Admin: System failure communication, insure proper documentation is completed for tickets, PC setups and configuration changes
¾ Technical knowledge of personal computer hardware and telehealth technology across all platforms.
¾Advanced knowledge of telehealth technologies and application software.
This position requires travel to other Driscoll locations throughout South Texas
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed