Vanguard Medical Group
Vanguard Medical Group is seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our remote Telehealth team.? The Telehealth Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will work as a part of the multidisciplinary health care team, focusing on the behavioral health needs of the patient. This position is a fully remote, and supports the patient-centered medical home by working with patient, families, and staff providers to promote timely access to needed care. The Telehealth Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide culturally competent, age, and education level appropriate behavioral health care. Patients, families, and caregiver?s, when appropriate, will be assessed when providing a plan of care and self-management responsibilities.
* Provide a variety of therapeutic mental health treatments including, but not limited to counseling, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and initiation, titration, and monitoring of psychiatric medications through a video-based platform.
* At Vanguard you will have the opportunity to provide both medication management and counseling for patients in collaboration with their primary care providers.
* Establish and modify patient treatment plan based on clinical assessment as well as accepted standards of practice, cultural competence and patient?s understanding, while documenting responses to treatments.
* Formulate differential diagnoses.
* Provide remote episodic visits to monitor acute and chronic mental health conditions.
* Provide remote Psychiatric evaluations and counseling appointments are scheduled for 1-hour time slots, medication management in 30-minute time slots.
* Orders/performs appropriate laboratory diagnostic and other screening tests remotely
* Exhibits superior customer services and ?webside? manner
Skills / Qualifications/ Education:
* BSN required; MSN preferred
* Successful completion of advanced practioner training and certification as a general practioner from an approved nurse practioner program.
* Minimum three years of professional nursing experience in a clinical setting plus two years of nurse practioner experience.
* NJ state registered nurse license required.
* NJ State license as an advanced registered nurse practioner with prescriptive authority.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed