We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
This is a PRN Speech Therapist position with Mercy Hospital Springfield.
Under the direction of a physician order, the Speech Therapist administers a specific speech-language pathology evaluation and plans and implements a treatment program. The treatment plan is based on the patient’s physical, developmental and psychosocial needs. Provides advisory service to other interdisciplinary team members to promote quality care. Functions under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director. Performs related duties as assigned.
- Education: Entry level Master’s degree from an accredited program of Speech Language Pathology.
- Licensure: Must be eligible for Certificate of Clinical Competency and hold current licensure in the State of Missouri.
- Certifications: Must have a current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider card or complete a course within their probation period.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Must have general knowledge of evaluation and treatment principles for a diverse number and types of diagnoses.
- Working Conditions, Mental and Physical Requirements: Standing and walking most of the time on duty. Lifting patients, pushing patients and equipment.
- Equipment Used: Must demonstrate competency in equipment used in the delivery of treatment, computer skills Additional skills and knowledge: must be able to push 20 lbs, pull 35 lbs, grip 40 lbs and pinch 10 lbs.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We’re bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. As a Mercy Speech Therapist you will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We’re expanding to help our communities grow. Join us as a Mercy Speech Therapist and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
SLP, Speech Language Pathologist, PRN, per diem, flex, Mercy, Mercy Springfield, Acute, Inpatient
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.