Right at Home of Central New Jersey
Max Health & Wellness provides a refreshing new approach to the delivery of rehabilitation services. We pride ourselves in ensuring every patient feels valued, confident and involved in the road to recovery. We are looking for a Speech Therapist (ST) who exudes great energy, makes welcoming people a top priority and is looking to grow with the company’s long-term vision. The Speech Therapist performs clinical evaluations and establishes treatment programs so that each patient will achieve their maximum functional potential. The Speech Therapist provides direct speech therapy services primarily on a visiting and intermittent basis in the patient's home in accordance with the policies and procedures of Max Health & Wellness Home Health Services. The main responsibilities of the speech therapist are as follows:
· Consults with medical, ancillary professionals and other team members/supervisors to provide optimum quality patient care and effective operations.
· Effectively communicates with patient and/or family/significant other in providing education and literature in accordance with the patient’s age, physical condition and cultural needs.
· Implement selected components of patient treatment, obtain data related to the treatment provided, and make modifications in selected treatments either to progress the patient as directed by the physical therapist or to ensure the patients safety and comfort.
· Perform individually designed treatment programs to maintain, improve and/or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and/or prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
· Adheres to Max Health & Wellness' policies and procedures.
· Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development. Attends in-service training as well as provides education to members of the community.
· Ability to address staff and patients in a courteous and friendly manner as well as accept constructive criticism.
· Must be willing to communicate with patients of various levels of function and various types of personalities.
· MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE NJ SPEECH THERAPIST (ST) LICENSE!
This is an opportunity to join a growing practice and a team that makes patient care a top priority.