The Speech Therapist I is responsible and accountable for providing examinations, evaluations, therapy diagnosis, interventions, and prognosis in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Emphasis on managing daily clinical caseload efficiently including: effective treatment, and appropriate documentation and billing practices. The therapist I will participate in performance improvement and program development activities in accordance with departmental goals and objectives.
- Licensed as a Speech Language Pathologist in the State of Illinois or licensure eligible.
- American Speech/Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) certification preferred.
- CPR Certification preferred.
- Achieves and maintains 0-10 points on the Clinical Ladder Grid.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with patients, families, peer and other team members as needed for assessment, intervention, and professional development.
- Must be physically able to lift, support, move patients 50-100 lbs.
- Universal Precautions Category I.
- Perform patient assessments with patients in a specific service area.
- Assign a speech therapy treatment diagnosis.
- Establishes plan of care with objective, measurable goals.
- Provides interventions supported by evidenced based practice in accordance to the established plan of care.
- Assesses the effectiveness of treatment and modifies treatment to achieve goals.
- Plans for discharge.
- Communicates with patient, family, caregivers and members of team to promote maximum benefit of care.
- Provide patient care documentation that meets quality standards and supports ethical billing practice.
- Demonstrates ability to organize workload and manage time effectively.
- Maintains positive working relationship with patients and referral base.
- Demonstrates teamwork by routinely offering to help others or assisting others whenever needed.
- Demonstrates ability to handle difficult and/or stressful situations appropriately.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed