To act as a liaison between our patients and Telemedicine Remote Physicians to provide maximum efficiency in accordance with standard Telemedicine operating procedures. Patient advocate dureing remote exams.
1. Maintain Social Distance with all patient interactions
2. For patients with Telehealth appointments, Optical assistant – TeleMedicine Specialists will be required to assist patients through the remote eye exam process.
3. Conducts pre-testing and specialized testing for tele-optometric exams, utilizing the following equipment:
· Pre-testing I– preliminary case history including current Medical History and Ocular Health.
· Pre-testing II – Autorefraction, Lensometry, tonometry, and topography.
· Special testing – visual fields, fundus photography, video slit lamp photography, Optos image scan.
· Wipe down all instruments in front of patient prior to exam
4. Optical assistant Telehealth Specialist is responsible for assisting patients through the remote eye exam. Responsibilities include:
5. Completing patient registration, gathering and submitting pertinent patient information including Medical History and Ocular Health data.
6. Follow all Health & Safety protocol daily and se safety materials as outlined
7. Maintaining Patient Readiness through 24hr. Appt. Confirmation, intake and MVC tool
8. Ensure OD lens recommendation happens at all exams; Transfer patient and Lens Recommendation to retail associate
9. May need to assist in Eyewear Selection depending on patient needs/traffic in store
10. Assigning patients to Remote Optical Assistant and Remote Doctor
11. Transmitting results from all pre-test instruments to secure server
12. Initiate Remote Optical Assistant and Remote Doctor video conferencing
13. Assit Remote Doctor and Remote Optical Assistant with refraction equipment placement and interacting with patients during Refraction
14. Printing prescriptions, escorting patients to sales floor and Transitions patient for eyewear and contact lens purchase.
15. Retrieves patient records to ensure complete information on file before appointment date.
16. Ensure efficient patient flow by effectively communicating with team members and providers.
17. Computer System & Equipment Operation – accurate data entry, accurate Pre-testing operation and maintenance of devices
18. Ensure proper completion of the patient information on the Patient History form including the waivers and required signature in section #2 according to the established Telemedicine record requirements
19. Performing opening and close-out procedures according to the Telemedicine equipment operational standards
20. Participate in Telemedicine Specialized training of all responsibilities assigned to the Optical Assistant – Telemedicine Specialists
21. Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA)
22. Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements as specified within your departmental goals. This is in addition to, the completion of any activities necessary for the maintenance of professional affiliations or organizational requirements
23. Diligently maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and the overall facility on a daily bases
24. When not functioning as the Telehealth Speciailist the associate will assume the duties of an Optical assistant
· High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience & Background:
· Medical Pre-testing Equipment experience a plus
· Minimum of 6 months’ work experience in Retail, Sales or Customer Service
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
Amount of Time
1/3 to 2/3
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
Reach with Hands and Arms
Climb or balance
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Talk or hear
· Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
· Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
· Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
· Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
· Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
· Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral Characteristics:
· Must have behavioral sensitivity, maturity, diplomacy and tact in addressing complex situations and handling patients.
· Demonstrates respect for others when dealing with patients and employees.
· Models professionalism and a high level of personal and professional integrity through both words and actions; puts personal feelings aside when conducting medical testing or working on tasks.
· Demonstrates the ability to handle patient objections and questions in a professional manner that instills confidence in the quality of tele-health exams.
· Strong computer literacy
· Strong communication skills and the desire to work with the public
· Possess an outgoing, positive professional personality & appearance
· Ability to work independently and as part of team
· Ability to interact well with associates
· Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
· Flexibility to support change
· Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis.
· Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Privacy & Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete additional essential responsibilities as identified and assigned.