To provide coordination of telehealth process components from admission's and monitoring to outcomes collection and benchmarking to be responsible for ensuring positive care coordination and communication between the patients, home health nurses, and providers.
Coordinates the telehealth program including:
* Completes annual program development.
* Markets program to home health clinical team, providers, patients, etc.
* Provides education to home health clinical team and providers about telehealth benefits.
* Collects and analyzes data/outcomes. Benchmarks to industry data.
* Determines equipment inventory needs and assists in budgeting process.
* Coordinates the installation, maintenance, and de-activation of units utilizing the installers.
* Stays abreast of telemonitoring industry. Brings recommendations of new services to leadership for consideration.
Perform daily monitoring of telehealth patients.
* Ensures all telehealth patients have performed their daily monitoring activity.
* Contacts patients who have not had a telehealth session.
* Contacts home health nurse and/or physician with changes in condition of patient. Works with patient and home health cases by implementing and identified interventions needed.
* Develops and ensures scheduling of appropriate resources for monitoring 7 days a week.
Works in conjunction with intake to identify potential patients for telehealth service and ensures smooth admission to telehealth program.
* Screens all new patient referrals to determine appropriateness for telemonitoring service.
* Performs admission visit of new clients placing telehealth monitor in home at admission.
* Provides initial education of telehealth monitor and accessories to patient
Ensures all appropriate patient information is entered into the telemonitoring system and home health software. Ensures high level of communication between monitoring nurse and home health primary nurse, physician, care navigator, home health leader.
* Provides appropriate information to care providers regarding patient change in status.
* Performs written communication to Home Health staff regarding triage interventions in the home health software system.
* Routinely (not less than every 30 days) collaborate with the home health case manager as to the tele-monitoring data.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
* Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
* Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
* Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
* Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
* Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
* Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Associates Degree in Nursing required.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
1-3 years of experience in/with Home Health required.
Current licensure in good standing as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois required.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 30 days of hire/start date required.
Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License in the State of Illinois required.
Must possess and maintain auto insurance required.
Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) must be run annually required.