UPMC East is hiring full-time Respiratory Therapists join our team of excellent respiratory professionals!
If you're looking to join a dynamic team where you can find a sense of reward and accomplishment each and every day, then the respiratory team at UPMC East may be the right fit for you. We are currently looking for individuals to work 12 hour shifts – including 7am to 7pm and 7pm to 7am. These positions will also have rotating weekend and holiday responsibilities.
We offer a competitive benefits package that few employers can match, a sign-on bonus for eligible candidates and a career ladder in place that provides growth opportunities for the respiratory therapists to enjoy more professional challenges, promotional opportunities, and career enhancement.
Applicants will be placed into the appropriate job title and salary based on their individual experience and education.
Apply today to find out where your career can take you!
Under the general direction of a physician and by prescription, provides respiratory therapy services and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system. Defined responsibilities are performed in all patient populations and in all patient service areas.
- Evaluates the appropriateness of medical orders. Interprets clinical data to optimize patient clinical objectives.
- Sets up and operates devices, such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators. Operates equipment to ensure specified parameters of treatment, such as volume, gas concentration, humidity, and temperature, and to administer medicinal gases and aerosol drugs to patients. Observes equipment function and adjusts equipment to obtain optimum results to therapy. Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment functions safely and efficiently.
- Assists to transport mechanically ventilated patients. Responds to all code situations.
- Maintains patient's chart that contains pertinent identification and therapy information. *Orders repairs when needed. * Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees and other health care personnel. * Supervises students during training.
- Reads prescription, measures arterial blood gases, and reviews patient information to assess patient condition and determine requirements for treatment, such as type and duration of therapy, and medication dosages. Determines most suitable method of administering inhalants, precautions to be observed, and modifications which may be needed that will be compatible with physician's orders.
- Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes. Performs bronchopulmonary drainage and assists patient in performing breathing exercises. Performs pulmonary function tests to be used by physician in diagnosis of case. Consults with physician in the event of adverse reactions.
- Graduate of a Co ARC (Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care) approved Respiratory program required OR students who have received a temporary license are permitted to begin employment with approval from the Human Resources department along with their official transcripts.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRTT) from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) required prior to expiration of temporary practice permit. Respiratory therapists who receive their CRT credential from the NBRC after July 1, 2002 are required to maintain certification under the NBRC requirements
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT)
- Osteopathic Respiratory Care OR Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCP)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed