UPMC Williamsport is hiring a Full-Time Respiratory Therapist to join our team of outstanding healthcare professionals! This role will work days with rotation (8 and 12-hour shifts), including every other weekend and holiday. We offer a competitive wage, a total rewards benefits package, and a generous sign-on bonus. Apply today to learn more!
Sign-On Bonus Details (Full-Time status)
• $10,000 sign-on bonus available for Respiratory Therapists with over one year of experience
• $7,500 sign-on bonus available for New Graduates with less than one year of experience
CRT considered but must be registered eligible, and successfully pass parts 1 and 2 of the RRT exam within 12 months of hire. The final title and pay will be determined by education, experience, and certifications.
*Applicants will be placed in the appropriate job title & salary based on their experience and education.
Under the general direction of a physician and by prescription, provides respiratory therapy services and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system. Defined responsibilities are performed in all patient populations and in all patient service areas.
- Reads prescription, measures arterial blood gases, and reviews patient information to assess patient condition and determine requirements for treatment, such as type and duration of therapy, and medication dosages. Determines the most suitable method of administering inhalants, precautions to be observed, and modifications that may be needed that will be compatible with physician's orders
- Assists to transport mechanically ventilated patients. Responds to all code situations.
- Maintains patient's chart that contains pertinent identification and therapy information. * Orders repairs when needed. * Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees and other health care personnel. * Supervises students during training.
- Sets up and operates devices, such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators. Operates equipment to ensure specified parameters of treatment, such as volume, gas concentration, humidity, and temperature, and to administer medicinal gases and aerosol drugs to patients. Observes equipment function and adjust equipment to obtain optimum results for therapy. Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment functions safely and efficiently.
- Evaluates the appropriateness of medical orders. Interprets clinical data to optimize patient clinical objectives.
- Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes. Performs bronchopulmonary drainage and assists patients in performing breathing exercises. Performs pulmonary function tests to be used by physician in diagnosis of case. Consults with the physician in the event of adverse reactions.
Graduate of a Co ARC (Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care) approved Respiratory program required Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation required Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) required Respiratory therapists who receive their RRT credential from the NBRC after July 1, 2002 are required to maintain certification under the NBRC requirements
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Osteopathic Respiratory Care OR Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCP)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed