UPMC Cole is hiring full-time Respiratory Therapists!
This position is eligible for a generous sign-on bonus! Whether you’re a recent Graduate looking to launch your career, or a seasoned professional seeking a change, now is your moment to find your place at UPMC!
Sign-On Bonus Details (Full-Time status)
• $10,000 sign-on bonus available for Respiratory Therapists with over one year of experience
• $7,500 sign-on bonus available for New Graduates with less than one year of experience
*RRTs and CRTs will be considered. Applicants will be placed in the appropriate job title and salary based his/her individual experience, education, and certifications.
This role will be scheduled 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. with rotating weekends and holidays. The weekend rotation is currently once every five weeks.
UPMC provides competitive wages and a Total Rewards package that few employers can match and includes exciting offerings like paid parental leave, an exceptional retirement program, and generous paid time off just to name a few.
Apply today and find out where your career can take you!
Under the general direction of a physician and by prescription, provides respiratory therapy services and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system. Defined responsibilities are performed in all patient populations and in all patient service areas.
- Reads prescription, measures arterial blood gases, and reviews patient information to assess patient condition and determine requirements for treatment, such as type and duration of therapy, and medication dosages. Determines most suitable method of administering inhalants, precautions to be observed, and modifications which may be needed that will be compatible with physician's orders
- Assists to transport mechanically ventilated patients. Responds to all code situations.
- Maintains patient's chart that contains pertinent identification and therapy information. * Orders repairs when needed. * Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees and other health care personnel. * Supervises students during training.
- Sets up and operates devices, such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators. Operates equipment to ensure specified parameters of treatment, such as volume, gas concentration, humidity, and temperature, and to administer medicinal gases and aerosol drugs to patients. Observes equipment function and adjusts equipment to obtain optimum results to therapy. Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment functions safely and efficiently.
- Evaluates the appropriateness of medical orders. Interprets clinical data to optimize patient clinical objectives.
- Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes. Performs bronchopulmonary drainage and assists patient in performing breathing exercises. Performs pulmonary function tests to be used by physician in diagnosis of case. Consults with physician in the event of adverse reactions.
Graduate of a Co ARC (Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care) approved Respiratory program required Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required.
Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation required.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) required.
Respiratory therapists who receive their RRT credential from the NBRC after July 1, 2002 are required to maintain certification under the NBRC requirements
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed