Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 36
Job Shift: Shift 3
Shift Details: 36hrs Nights.
3/12hr Night Shifts.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
- Provides evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Assesses patient's conditions in order to identify the most appropriate mode of therapy.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of therapy, suggesting alternatives when appropriate.
- Maintains infection control policies related to patient care.
- Understands and demonstrates competency on all equipment utilized.
- Performs baseline pulmonary function screening and weaning parameters.
- Understands and safely administers medications related to respiratory diseases.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Completion of a Resp. Care Program.
- 6 months to 1 year. Will consider new graduate.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees– we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed