WellStar Health System
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Our Resource Respiratory Therapist is responsible for coordinating the overall functions and activities of the department to assure the successful delivery of quality patient care. Under the supervision of the Manager/Director, the resource therapist is responsible for developing/implementing process improvements, medication administration, and providing patient care with understanding and awareness of population specific needs. Addresses the biological, emotional, and developmental, psychosocial, and patient/family education needs when providing care to the patient.
The resource therapist facilitates the management of personnel (i.e. scheduling, evaluations), and adherence to policy/procedures, protocols, clinical practice guidelines and clinical activities of the department. Performance of this job will also require a close working relationship with the Medical staff and Respiratory Care Leadership. Resource also serves as a reference/support person to the staff, physicians, patients, families, and other departments. Good customer relation, assessment, and communication skills are a must for this job.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an accredited respiratory therapy education program (CoARC or CAAHP) with minimally 20 quarter hours of science (B.S. degree preferred)
- NBRC credential as advanced level RRT, Respiratory Care Professional for Respiratory Care, Active GA Respiratory Care Professional License
Required Minimum Experience
- Two-year experience that includes sufficient clinical, with management background to ensure competence in the practice of Respiratory Care
- BLS, ACLS certification required
- NRP and PALS preferred for role/facility specific
- Active member of the AARC
Required Minimum Skills
- Demonstrates evidence of positive leadership abilities/interpersonal relationships including
team building and problem solving skills of above average ability; possess’ critical thinking skills; exhibits
excellent presentation, communication and customer service skills along with strong computer skills.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed