Respiratory Therapist Per Diem, OPT Float Pool for COVID Response @ ISMC
Job Code: 5046
This position may be under filled with a Respiratory Care Associate (a student currently attending an accredited respiratory care program) job code 5035.
• Requires the incumbent be currently attending an accredited respiratory care program and hold a Provisional Respiratory Care Practitioner License, issued by the Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision (OSBMLS). The incumbent may work under a temporary letter to practice issued by OSBMLS until the board meets to issue their Provisional Respiratory Care Practitioner License.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Written/Verbal).
• Must provide a copy of the "Verification of Student Status" form required to obtain their Provisional license. Their instructor must complete the "Student Task Proficiency List" on this form.
• If incumbent has a provisional license, the incumbent must possess a minimum of the following skills with demonstrated proficiency in the lab and/or clinical setting by recognized instructor/evaluator in compliance with Provisional license of the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure & Supervision:
– Metered Dose Inhaler medication administration
The Per Diem Respiratory Therapist assumes responsibility for the management and delivery of patient care for their assigned areas. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Per Diem Respiratory Therapist RRT responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Administers a wide variety of therapeutic services and diagnostic tests to various patient types
• Sets up all equipment/supplies needed and provides assistance to the physicians during special procedures
• Performs assessments and re assessments of patient history, chest x-rays, vital signs, blood gases, progress notes, etc. in order to determine
appropriate therapy modalities/frequencies or effects of conscious sedation and communicates this to the physician
• Performs arterial punctures or blood gas analysis for arterial blood gases
• Performs intubation as needed or requested where credentialed and approved by the medical staff
• Provides onboarding education to new departmental staff and assists students rotating through the hospital
The Respiratory Therapist RRT is accountable to the assigned Supervisor.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Moderate exposure to hazardous risks, including potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Potential for bodily injury related to lifting and incidents of workplace violence. Must follow universal safety precautions. Exposed to constant interruptions, noise, disagreeable odors, and assorted chemicals. May have multiple floors assigned per shift. May be required to be on call status.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
• Graduate of a Registry Eligible Respiratory Therapy School
• Registered Respiratory Therapist (Graduates will have 6 months to become registered. If employee fails to become registered within the 6 months, will be moved to Occasional Part Time (5066).
• Current Respiratory Care Practitioner License issued by the Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision (OSBMLS). The incumbent may work under a 'temporary Letter to Practice' issued by OSBMLS until the board meets to issue their Respiratory Care Practitioner License.
• ACLS certification or must obtain within 60 days of hire.
• NRP certification or must obtain within 180 days of hire
• PALS certification preferred
• Conscious Sedation certification required before participating in IV Conscious Sedation procedures.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Written/Verbal)
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed