We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
Performs direct patient care in all aspects of respiratory therapy according to physicians' orders. Determines effectiveness of therapy. Provides ventilator support during cardiopulmonary resuscitation and maintains life support equipment in the intensive care units and other designated areas. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and mercy service standards.
- Education: Graduate from an Accredited College Program in Respiratory Care.
- Licensure: Must have a current license in the State of Missouri.
- Certifications: Registered as a therapist by the National Board of Respiratory Care (RRT). BLS and ACLS (may obtain upon hire).Other: Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills, ability to be flexible and adaptable. Must possess the skills and judgment necessary to implement medical plan of care, clinical interventions and procedures as needed for the care of the patient.
- Preferred Education: Bachelors Degree Preferred Preferred
- Preferred Experience: Prior Adult Intensive Care and Emergency Department care
- Preferred Certifications: ACCS (Adult Critical Care Specialist from the NBRC)
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We’re bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We’re expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.