The Guthrie Clinic
Performs setup and instruction of Respiratory equipment and other DME products to customers either at the office, in the customer homes, or in an alternate care facility according to physician’s orders. Is responsible for MSD clinical documentation as well as communication with providers to enhance patient compliance and care.
Education, License, & Cert
1. Minimum of A.S. Degree in Respiratory Therapy
2. Must hold current NY or PA State Licensure and be willing to attain other state.
3. Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
1. Must have minimum of five years experience in Respiratory Therapy.
2. Must have minimum of three years ICU/inpatient experience.
3. Experience in homecare preferred.
4. Familiarity with DME preferred.
5. Familiarity with geographical area helpful.
1. Performs respiratory assessments and phone calls as per policy and according to physician orders to assist patients in achieving documented goals.
2. Instructs customers/caregivers, physicians, physician’s staff, and/or MSD on proper use and care of medical equipment.
3. Delivers/picks-up equipment and supplies to customer’s home as necessary.
4. Completes customer files, proper documentation, and assists in obtaining proper physician documentation as necessary for proper billing as per insurance policy.
5. Participates in promoting MSD services to physician’s offices in assigned territory.
6. Evaluates equipment for home use.
1. Takes emergency call as per on call policy.
2. Maintains proper inventory stock.
3. Assists with bi-annual store inventory.
4. Assists other staff members and perform duties as assigned.
5. Travel for this position is sometimes required.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Joining the Guthrie team allows you to become a part of a tradition of excellence in health care. In all areas and at all levels of Guthrie, you’ll find staff members who have committed themselves to serving the community.
The Guthrie Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 500 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.