Provide optimum assistance to nurses and physicians in maintaining preventative and restorative health needs for patients. Provide quality, conscientious, cost effective and competent care in the areas of cardiac diagnostic and respiratory services and respiratory diagnostic and respiratory services for the inpatient and outpatient population including infant, child, and adolescent adult and older adult patients.
- Graduate of an approved school of Respiratory Therapy required
- Certified as a Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board of Respiratory Therapy required
- CPR certification yearly required
- Previous health care experience preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to function in autonomous/independent role; is highly motivated and self-directed.
- Perform basic and advanced therapeutic procedures for infant, child, adolescent adult and older adult patients according to guidelines established in the department policy and procedure manual.
- Communicate necessary changes in the patient therapy to nursing staff and department head or designee in a timely manner.
- Provide effective education to patients, patient's family members and co-workers as appropriate.
- Accurately and safely perform fundamental diagnostic procedures according to the department policies and procedures.
- Perform emergency and acute pulmonary and cardiology procedures according to department policies and procedures.
- Maintain clinical and professional competency.
- Demonstrate competency for age specific categories for both respiratory and cardiology procedures according to their training qualifications.
- Assemble, check and correct malfunction of department equipment.
- Assist with clerical work in the cardiopulmonary department.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed