We Are Hiring:
Title: Respiratory Therapist
City, State: Jacksonville, FL
Location: Ascension St Vincent’s Southside Hospital
Department: Respiratory Therapy
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, 36 Hours Weekly/Rotating
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long term / Short Term disability
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
- 403b with company match
- Paid vacation time off
- Faith based work environment
- Legal services and much more!
What You Will Do:
Provide evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Assess patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develop a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implement and monitor patient care plan and equipment.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educate the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Respond to emergency resuscitation team code.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the Florida Board of Respiratory Care obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation preferred.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension St. Vincent's in Jacksonville, Florida, has been providing caregivers in every discipline a rewarding career in healthcare since 1873. Serving Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia, Ascension St. Vincent's is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando; and is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care to all, especially to those most in need. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ministry Name is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed