Do you have a passion for providing top-notch patient care and enhancing the patient's experience? Are you passionate about delivering the best care possible and want to make a difference in the lives of your patients? If you’re ready to take on new challenges, explore this opportunity with us today! UPMC Presbyterian is hiring Respiratory Therapists to support their Respiratory Therapy Department. We will consider CRT, RRT, and all levels of the career ladder. The final title and pay will be determined by education, experience, and certifications.We offer a competitive wage, a generous benefits package, and a sign-on bonus to those who qualify. Apply today to learn more!
Sign-on bonus details:
$6,500 for a two-year commitment
$8,000 for a three-year commitment
- Assists to transport mechanically ventilated patients.
- Responds to all code situations.
- Evaluates the appropriateness of medical orders.
- Interprets clinical data to optimize patient clinical objectives.
- Maintains patient's chart that contains pertinent identification and therapy information.
- Orders repairs when needed.
- Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees and other health care personnel.
- Supervises students during training.
- Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes.
- Performs bronchopulmonary drainage and assists patient in performing breathing exercises.
- Performs pulmonary function tests to be used by physician in diagnosis of case.
- Consults with physician in the event of adverse reactions.
- Reads prescription, measures arterial blood gases, and reviews patient information to assess patient condition and determine requirements for treatment, such as type and duration of therapy, and medication dosages.
- Determines most suitable method of administering inhalants, precautions to be observed, and modifications which may be needed that will be compatible with physician's orders.
- Sets up and operates devices, such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
- Operates equipment to ensure specified parameters of treatment, such as volume, gas concentration, humidity, and temperature, and to administer medicinal gases and aerosol drugs to patients.
- Observes equipment function and adjusts equipment to obtain optimum results to therapy.
- Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment functions safely and efficiently.
- Graduate of a Co ARC (Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care) approved Respiratory program required.
- Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required.
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation required Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRTT) from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) required prior to expiration of temporary practice permit
- Respiratory therapists who receive their CRT credential from the NBRC after July 1, 2002 are required to maintain certification under the NBRC requirements
- Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT)
- Osteopathic Respiratory Care
- Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCP)
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed