UPMC Chautauqua is hiring a full-time Respiratory Therapist!
Respiratory Therapists are eligible for up to a $8,000 sign on bonus!
Under the general direction of a physician and by prescription, provides respiratory therapy services and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system. Defined responsibilities are performed in all patient populations and in all patient service areas.
- Maintains patient's chart that contains pertinent identification and therapy information. *Orders repairs when needed. * Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees and other health care personnel. * Supervises students during training. Assists to transport mechanically ventilated patients. Responds to all code situations.
- Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes. Performs bronchopulmonary drainage and assists patient in performing breathing exercises. Performs pulmonary function tests to be used by physician in diagnosis of case. Consults with physician in the event of adverse reactions.
- Reads prescription, measures arterial blood gases, and reviews patient information to assess patient condition and determine requirements for treatment, such as type and duration of therapy, and medication dosages. Determines most suitable method of administering inhalants, precautions to be observed, and modifications which may be needed that will be compatible with physician's orders.
- Evaluates the appropriateness of medical orders. Interprets clinical data to optimize patient clinical objectives.
- Sets up and operates devices, such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators. Operates equipment to ensure specified parameters of treatment, such as volume, gas concentration, humidity, and temperature, and to administer medicinal gases and aerosol drugs to patients. Observes equipment function and adjusts equipment to obtain optimum results to therapy. Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment functions safely and efficiently.
- AAS degree in respiratory care.
- Minimum of six months experience preferred.
- Registration/eligible as RRT by National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Licensure by State of New York as Respiratory Therapist.
- Certifications Advanced Neonatal Life Support.
- Successful completion of the NBRC requirements for registry (RRT credential) within one year from date of hire.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT)
- Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCP)
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed