Required – Associate's Degree
Preferred- Bachelor's Degree
Required – None.
Required – Current License as a Respiratory Therapist in the state of practice
Certification by the National Board of Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
ACLS obtained in 90 days
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Performs routine and advanced therapeutic procedures according to established policy and procedure.
- Reviews and documents all clinical information regarding each patient.
- Educates patients and co-workers on procedures and treatment plans.
- Performs diagnostic procedures.
- Provides care based on physical; psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of patient served in assigned area.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.
This employer maintains and complies with its Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed