Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Under the guidance of a supervisor renders professional respiratory care to patients within an assigned unit or floor within the hospital, in support of medical care as directed by medical staff and pursuant to objectives and policies of the hospital. Utilizes the order communication system.
- Orients patients to their treatments and develops measurable respiratory goals for each patient at their level of growth/development/age group and understanding.
- Assesses, administers, monitors, evaluates aerosolized medication treatments to children, adult and geriatric patients.
- Assesses, administers, monitors, evaluates aerosol and humidification therapies to neonates, children, adults and geriatric patients.
- Assesses, administers, monitors, evaluates oxygen therapies by various modalities.
- Performs bronchial hygiene airway suctioning techniques.
- Responds to CODE BLUE calls in all hospital locations and performs basic life support maneuvers, assists with intubation, ventilation and transport on neonates, children, adults and geriatric. Re-certification completed bi-annually.
- Demonstrates proficiency in assembling and operating ventilators for neonates, children and adults.
- Maintains, monitors, and appropriately adjusts continuous life support so as to assure proper function and therapeutic effectiveness for all age groups.
- Draws arterial blood gasses, reviews results, and directs the results to the attention of the physician on adults and the aged.
- Monitors respiratory parameters as indicated.
- Performs other related duties such as chest physiotherapy, sputum collection, PPD testing, etc.
- Graduate of an accredited respiratory therapy program.
- Current BLS certification. Current ACLS certification
RRT certificate credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
Training and Experience
- Orientation training in acute care setting
- Two years experience preferred
- Familiarity with respiratory care equipment and its operation as well as application
- Must be knowledgeable of all respiratory treatments and their application
- Must be skilled in drawing arterial blood gas samples
- Measure/interpret: ventilatory parameters, aveolar-arterial gradients, shunt fraction, gas exchange and acid/base balance.
- When applicable, must be able to perform bedside pulmonary function studies.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed