Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care Team!
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, one of the nation's top health care services providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 6 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers.
Provide general respiratory therapy to inpatients and outpatients including aerosolized medications; assessment of cardiopulmonary system; draw and analyze arterial blood samples; emergency response (Rapid Response and Code Blue).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner.Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participates in their resolution.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea/Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
- Maintains knowledge to perform the duties of the job.
- Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
- Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea/Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
- Provides quality patient care by considering the age specific, development and cultural needs through competent clinical practice. Demonstrates unit/area competencies.
- Identifies and assists in resolution of problems related to safety, sanitation and maintenance of the environment.
- Practices effective communication in all interactions (patient, visitor, co-worker, etc.)
- Promotes a positive work environment by demonstrating teamwork.
- Additional duties as assigned by the hiring manager/supervisor.
Provides the following under physician direction:
General Respiratory Therapy, including administration of aerosolized medications Assessment of the cardiopulmonary system and recommendation of appropriate treatment Draw and analyze arterial blood for ABG’s and Co-oximetry Initiate and maintain ventilatory support using invasive and noninvasive ventilation equipment. Emergency response to medical emergencies throughout hospital including the Rapid Response team & Code Blue. Perform diagnostic studies, e.g. EKG’s, 24 hour HOLTER and 30 day Cardiac Event monitoring, Bedside Spirometry, and Pulse Oximetry. Provide Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Licensed Respiratory Therapist with State of Michigan.
Required Education, Experience and Certification/Licensure
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist with State of Michigan
Required Skills and Abilities: Skilled communication and team work, problem solving and service excellence
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed