Luminis Anne Arundel Medical Center
Provides respiratory therapy modalities included in the scope of practice to patients according to the department standards.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
1. Administers medical gas therapy in accordance with all department procedures.
2. Operates and maintains equipment in a safe and sanitary condition, following department guidelines, returning to department upon patient discharge.
3. Observes patient during therapies for adverse reactions and acts in accordance with department policy when problems arise. Monitor response to therapy.
4. Documents care provided accurately and consistently in a timely manner according to department standards.
5. Evaluates appropriateness and effectiveness of therapies for continuation or discontinuation according to department standards.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR certification for Healthcare Providers required.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist as credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care
- State of Maryland License or eligibility as a Respiratory Care Practitioner
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy Duty
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.