Clara Maass Medical Center
Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned a designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We have openings for Respiratory Therapists to join our team in the Evening and Night shifts. As a professional, you will provide therapeutic, supportive, and diagnostic respiratory services and care, based on established standards, to Clara Maass Medical Center patients. The incumbent in this role will work to restore patients pulmonary function, alleviate pain, and support life by planning and administering medically prescribed respiratory therapy.
- Interview and examine patients regarding their respiratory ailments.
- Diagnose respiratory ailments, test the patient s lung capacities.
- Examine test results and identify issues.
- Remove mucus and other fluids from the patient s lungs.
- Clear patient s airways of physical obstructions.
- Educate patients on lung health and disease prevention.
- Instruct patients on the proper use of the equipment & or respiratory care procedures.
- Provide emergency resuscitation in cases of ceased breathing.
- Determine patient treatment plans with a supervising physician.
- Comply with all required safety and infection control procedures.
- Demonstrate respect for the patient's beliefs and property.
- In addition to the specific duties and responsibilities described above, the ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Adept at the scientific principles underlying cardiopulmonary physiology and pathophysiology, as well as biomedical engineering and technology.
- Able to effectively assess, educate, and treat patients with cardiopulmonary disorders.
- Detail-oriented, therefore, ensures that patients are receiving the correct treatment.
- Very organized keeps and collects records of the patient s condition.
- A problem-solver, and can evaluate patient's test results and symptoms.
- Amazing with people, work well with physicians and team-oriented environments.
- Strong in your ability to serve as a support system for patients suffering from an illness.
- Great at managing the risk and capability to work well under pressure.
- Graduated from AMA approved Respiratory Therapy program.
- Certified or Registered as a Respiratory Therapist.
- A current New Jersey Respiratory Care license
- Previous clinical experience.
- Knowledge of respiratory equipment function.
- Patient assessment skills.
- Maintained required BLS Heart Saver/Health Care Provider course completion status.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed