MercyOne Newton Medical Center is a fully owned hospital of MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and a member of MercyOne Network.
It is located in the city of Newton, Iowa, county seat of Jasper County. Positioned on Interstate 80, the nation's only east/west transcontinental interstate highway, Newton is about 30 miles east of the Des Moines metropolitan area, which has a population in excess of 400,000.
MercyOne Newton has a well-deserved reputation for bucking the trend of diminished health care in rural America by enhancing the quantity and quality of its services during the last two decades. This has been accomplished by expanding, remodeling and providing technological improvements to its physical facilities and by adding new physicians.
MercyOne Newton employees and local doctors are known for their highly productive "Iowa work ethic," emphasis on compassion and quality patient service, and loyalty to the hospital and the community.
Our campus in Newton has 48 beds and about 200,000 square feet of space. Attached to the hospital is a 50,000-square-foot medical office building containing local physician practices and the hospital's physical medicine and rehabilitation center.
MercyOne Newton is one of the largest employers in Jasper County, along with the local school system and the county government.
Provides basic respiratory care to newborns through geriatrics in generally predictable although critical situations under the supervision of the director of RC. This will include emergency care, critical care, home care, outpatient care, SNF care and acute care services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates competence in the clinical practice area.
- Demonstrates competence in ABG Drawing and Analysis following departmental Policies and Procedures, as well as CLIA Regulations and Standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of respiratory care, uses sound judgement, and adheres to standards of care.
- Demonstrates professional written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and establish priorities and organize effectively.
- Assumes responsibility for own professional growth and continuing education.
- Demonstrates professional attitude and interest in work by maintaining acceptable work habits, behavior, and appearance.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Eligible for or currently a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRT).
- Must maintain BCLS certification yearly.
- Must maintain ACLS certification biannually.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed