We Are Hiring:
Registered Respiratory Therapist-Full Time Nights-Ascension Providence-Waco, TX
Work Hours: 3/12 hour shifts per week
What You Will Do:
Provide the evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Assess patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develop a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implement and monitor patient care plan and equipment.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition.
- Perform advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluate the respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educate the patient and family about the health condition and provide information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Respond to emergency resuscitation team code.
What You Will Need:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Texas Respiratory Care Practitioners Certification Program obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Why Join Our Team:
With a team of over 2,300 associates, physicians and volunteers, Ascension Providence is now one of the largest employers in Waco, Texas. We offer a place of respect and inclusion, as well as a rich learning environment with countless opportunities for career growth and professional development.If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Providence is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed