The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) performs routine and critical respiratory care procedures under the supervision of a Respiratory Care Manager and Medical Director. Responsible for performance and competency of care for neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations.
- Effectively evaluate the results of patient respiratory care delivered per care plans.
- Accurately introduces, administers and charts the effects of routine respiratory therapy and medication administration.
- Accurately setup, maintain, and chart the usage of oxygen therapy, aerosol/humidity therapy and ventilator therapy.
- Provide ventilator support and airway management to neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric populations.
- Perform arterial blood gas and capillary blood gas analysis (following Medical Director approval). Participates and performs blood gas quality controls per regulatory standards. Participates in blood gas proficiency studies.
- May be trained in endotracheal intubation and arterial line insertion. May take a charge role.
- Completes assessments on ventilator patients and all other patients on respiratory care services.
- Will accurately chart on the respiratory flow sheets in the EMR and on the care plans. Will also charge accurately in the EMR.
- Processes and maintains respiratory equipment.
- Evaluates patients for routine respiratory care therapy on the inpatient units
- Evaluates patients for routine respiratory care therapy for patient in the Emergency room.
- Evaluates patient Evaluates patients for advanced respiratory care therapy for patients in the ICU's
- Participates on all Transport teams. PEDS and Adult
- Obtains and analyses blood gases.. Arterial, Venous and Capillary
- Assist cleaning respiratory care related equipment
- Assist with stocking respiratory care related supplies on the inpatient care units
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed