CHI Franciscan St. Michael Medical Center
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
St. Michael Medical Center is looking for compassionate professionals to join our team in our NEW HOSPITAL in Silverdale! This 500,000 Square-foot hospital will be the most energy-efficient hospital in Washington and will provide an extraordinary healing environment for our patients with beautiful views of the Olympic Mountains and Dyes Inlet. In addition, the entire campus has been developed with the well-being of our team in mind with dedicated respite areas and generous break areas (see the views!) along with the Clear Creek trail running through the hospital grounds, encouraging walks and connection with the community. Be a part of this groundbreaking addition to CHI Franciscan!
Visit our website at www. stmichaelopening.org for 360-degree photos and virtual tour of the new hospital.
Evaluates, administers, assesses and documents a variety of respiratory therapy treatments to ambulatory and non-ambulatory patients, with heart and lung abnormalities, in assigned hospital, to include intensive care and the emergency room. Sets up and monitors a variety of complex respiratory equipment such as volume and pressure ventilators for critical care patients. Performs routine respiratory therapy treatments such as oxygen, therapeutic aerosols, intermittent positive pressure breathing, incentive spirometer, and airway care to include intubation/estuation and tracheotomy care. Monitors patients for adverse reaction, and takes corrective action based on established procedures. Determines the effectiveness and/or need for change in the therapy being administered and make recommendations to the physicians regarding treatment.
Incumbents are also accountable for providing resuscitation services, participating in various orientations, providing educational/orientation services to students, quality improvement and department projects, providing and maintaining skill levels to reflect the ever changing procedures and techniques of respiratory care.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs respiratory patient care to include Aerosol Therapy, ABGs, ETTs, Bronchus, ECGs, CPT, Vent Care, CPAP/BIPAP therapy and other Respiratory Care Procedures in accordance with all department safety, risk management and procedural standards.
- Continually evaluates and assesses the cardiopulmonary condition of patients using data acquired from physical examination, respiratory monitoring, and diagnostic equipment.
- Documents all work activity in applicable computer system to include billing charges in accordance with department specific processes.Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of communication tools/materials for effective communication and understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care, treatment and services. Patient Population Served: Demonstrates knowledge and proper skills associated with the department's defined specific populations served.
- Participates in the transfer of equipment and supplies to and from other Cardiopulmonary Departments as necessary; cleans, assembles and maintains CPS equipment and restocks supplies as needed.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
Requires graduation from an approved school of Respiratory Therapy and one (1) year recent clinical experience in Respiratory Care that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities. Work experience in the specialty area is preferred.
- License to practice as a respiratory care practitioner through the Washington State Department of Health required.
- Current registration through the National Board of Respiratory Care required.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Certification.
- Current American Heart Association ACLS Certification.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed