SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Medical City McKinney
36 Hour Week
It is the responsibility of respiratory therapists to demonstrate proficiency in all modalities of Respiratory Care. The Respiratory Therapist will be responsible for execution of their assignment, which may include, but not limited to O2 therapy, UABD, IS, IPPB, CPT, ABG, bronchoscope assistance, ventilator care and airway management. All assessment/evaluation will be done in compliance with hospital and department policies. It is the responsibility of each employee to maximize the resources of the hospital. As a member of the respiratory team, the employee will make a significant contribution to the public’s perception of the hospital
- One year experience in Respiratory Care is preferred.
- Must be licensed by the Texas Department of Health as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required within six months of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have the ability to communicate and care for neonatal, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Requires full understanding and ability to utilize the Respiratory Care process. Requires knowledge, ability and judgment necessary to :
- Exercise judgment within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice acts.
- Must possess knowledge of respiratory therapeutics and the correlation of diagnostic assessment
- Apply scientific knowledge; use a variety of respiratory equipment; and perform multiple technical procedures
- Make discriminating observation
- Must be capable of performing CPR without limitation and respond to all emergent situations
- Must be able to perform job responsibilities independently.
About Medical City McKinney:
Medical City McKinney is a growing 260-bed hospital with a 90-year history of serving the health care needs of McKinney and the surrounding communities. Over the past several years, we have strengthened our medical foundations by adding two new surgical robots, a newly remodeled labor and delivery suites, a Level III NICU and an advanced biplane Catheterization Lab to treat heart rhythm disorders.
Medical City McKinney is proud of our team for all the well-deserved recognitions and acknowledgements we’ve received to better serve you–Joint Commission accredited, Advanced (Level III) Trauma Center, Accredited Chest Pain Center, a Texas 10 Step Facility, CLIA certified laboratory; CAP accredited clinical and anatomical pathology services, "Top Performer on Key Quality Measures" for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care by Joint Commission and Intersocietal Commission of Vascular Labs in ultrasound for peripheral vascular ultrasound.
At Medical City, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a plan just for you. You can enroll in several different medical plans, if eligible, which includes vision and dental. You can even select additional à la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service), flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, participate in our tuition reimbursement/assistance and student loan repayment programs, paid personal leave, identity theft protection discounts; auto, home, and life insurance options, and adoption assistance.
Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.