St. David's Georgetown Hospital
St. David’s HealthCare is implementing a new pay range for full-time and part-time unit-based bedside nurses, non-exempt frontline nurse leaders and to a host of non-Nursing roles. Apply today to learn more!
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $20,000!
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Registered Respiratory Therapist with St Davids Georgetown you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At St Davids Georgetown, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the St Davids Georgetown family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Registered Respiratory Therapist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) you will perform the critical care and diagnostic procedures utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiopulmonary diseases on patients of all ages. As a member of the patient focused care team you will be responsible for performing basic respiratory equipment maintenance, quality control measures and other administrative or technical tasks.
- You will be responsible for setting up and operating various types of respiratory care equipment
- You will be perform a range of technical procedures related to cardiopulmonary hemodynamics
- You will demonstrate competency in proper airway care
- You will be able to assess patients appropriately, interpret results accurately, and suggest alternative respiratory treatment
- You will exhibit competency in the performance of routine patient assessment and in the ability to correctly recognize and interpret respiratory dysfunction
- You will function as a respiratory care protocol assessor by delivering therapy and reassessing patients in a timely manner and maintaining proper and accurate documentation
- You will communicate regularly with physicians and nurses about patient care plans and updates
- Acute Care Hospital experience preferred
- Graduate of an American Medical Association accredited Respiratory Therapy program
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Respiratory Therapist credential by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Current Texas Respiratory Care Practitioner license
- Current certification as Basic Life Support (BLS) provider
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required for NICU RRT Staff
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required for ICU RRT staff
Georgetown Hospital is a comprehensive healthcare facility located north of Austin,
Texas. This medical center features more than 100 patient beds and is known for its
Level IV trauma center, Certified Primary Stroke Center, and Certified Chest Pain
Center. The hospital’s range of services include 24-hour emergency care,
inpatient and outpatient surgery, maternity and newborn care, rehabilitation, and
St. David’s Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the
largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s
HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local nonprofits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute
for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."– Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Registered Respiratory Therapist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed