SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Respiratory Therapist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Las Palmas Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Las Palmas Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Student Loan Assistance Program
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Respiratory Therapist like you to be a part of our team.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) you will perform the care and diagnostic procedures used in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiopulmonary diseases on patients of all ages. As a member of the patient focused care team, you will be responsible for performing basic respiratory equipment maintenance, quality control measures and other administrative or technical tasks.
- You will maintain knowledge of patient responses to medication, side effects and proper dosages used in respiratory care
- You will effectively communicate with Physicians, patients, nurses and other member of the care team
- You will assess patients and provide recommendations on appropriate therapies
- You will be responsible for establishing and assisting with maintenance of arterial lines
- You will monitor patients, interpret results and suggest alternative respiratory treatment, as needed
Las Palmas Medical Center, located at 1801 N. Oregon, is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare, the leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region, with physicians, nurses and staff who are committed to delivering the highest quality patient care available. With 325 beds, this full-service, acute care hospital offers comprehensive medical services in nearly every specialty including a certified stroke program, adult and pediatric intensive care, cardiology and neuroscience. The Las Palmas Women’s Center includes an award-winning maternity care program—including excellence in labor and delivery—and is the only hospital in the city with private rooms for neonatal intensive care unit patients and families. Las Palmas Medical Center is also known for cutting-edge robotic surgery and the region’s only kidney transplant program.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Respiratory Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Clinical experience in an acute care or rehabilitation setting – preferred
- 1 year critical care experience (i.e.: ER, ICU/CCU, PICU, NICU) – preferred
- Associates degree in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited program
Licenses and Certifications
- Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Current Texas Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – preferred
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification – preferred
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification – preferred
- Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood pressure, Lab work, and Emotional support (S.T.A.B.L.E.) Neonatal Education Program Certification – preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.