Valley Regional Medical Center
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Respiratory Therapist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program,employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Valley Regional Medical Center – Brownsville, TX
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services.
What you will do in this role:
• Demonstrates knowledge in preparing site for capillary and arterial blood gas puncture; ability to collect and post collection care of patient.
• Demonstrates ability to properly place EKG leads, operate, troubleshoot, print EKGs and initiate clerical responsibilities required for an EKG.
• Demonstrates knowledge in positioning for extubations, properly extubating and placing of proper oxygenating devices, and monitoring patients post extubation.
• Demonstrates knowledge in positioning patients for intubation, ability to connect scope to blade, insert laryngoscope, visualize vocal cords, insert endotracheal tubes, and check for placement by auscultation and visual lung inflation.
• Graduation from an accredited school of Respiratory Therapy.
What qualifications you will need:
• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support course (BLS or BCLS) and certification is required.
• Successful completion of the national certification examination for the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is required.
• 1 year of acute care experience is preferred.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed