St. David's Round Rock Medical Center
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Respiratory Therapist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Respiratory Therapist like you to be a part of our team.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) in the Cardio Pulmonary department, you will assess plan, perform, direct, and document the delivery of age specific patient care utilizing the Cardiopulmonary Care process set by community and accreditation standards. As a member of the patient focused care team, you will be responsible for performing basic respiratory equipment maintenance, quality control measures, and other administrative or technical tasks.
- You will recognize the symptoms of cardiac arrest and respiratory distress and initiate the necessary emergency response
- You will prepare and dispense medications and solutions safely and with proper documentation
- You will assess patients’ conditions prior to and during all respiratory exams with regard to patient age, developmental age, educational needs, and family or guardian expectations
- You will effectively communicate with physicians and accept verbal requests and orders
- You will provide exceptional customer service and maintain sensitivity in communicating with visitors, patients, physicians, and co-workers
- You will maintain respiratory supply and equipment needs and notify the appropriate personnel of shortages, as well as perform minor equipment repairs and upkeep
- You will transport patients as needed and submit patient charges at the completion of procedures
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 171-bed facility offering a range of services including advanced cardiac care at Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock—the first specialized cardiac facility in Williamson County, which offers heart and valve surgery and includes a catheterization and electrophysiology lab, as well as a Hybrid Operating Room (OR) for cardiovascular patients. Other services include advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma Center, emergency services in a 24-hour emergency department including locations in Cedar Park and Leander, as well as a dedicated unit for cancer care and inpatient rehabilitation. St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is also known for providing neurosurgery, advanced orthopedic and robotic services, among other complex specialties.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Respiratory Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 2 years of clinical Cardiopulmonary/Neurology Care experience
- 3 years of clinical Cardiopulmonary/Neurology Care experience –preferred
- Graduate of an accredited program in Respiratory Care
- Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Care – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Respiratory Care Professional (RCP) certification through the State of Texas OR Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) certification through The National Board for Respiratory Care
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers through American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – preferred
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification – preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed