Provides evaluation of and care for respiratory therapy patients. Administers prescribed respiratory therapeutic services.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Responsible for providing respiratory care services in accordance with specific physician's orders, department policies and procedures and guidelines.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Assists with care, calibration and maintenance of all equipment. Participates in maintaining departmental inventory levels for supplies and equipment. Processes equipment per established cleaning/sterilization procedures.
- Responds to Medical Emergencies and Rapid Responses.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and education.
- No experience required.
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed