University Hospital - Broward County
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Respiratory Therapist
PRN, Various Shift, 0.001 FTE
University Hospital & Medical Center
University Hospital and Medical Center is a 317-bed acute care hospital offering a wide range of surgical and medical services Since opening in 1974, we have distinguished ourselves as a leader in breakthroughs in orthopedic care as well as joint replacement. We continue to build on this tradition in our Orthopedic and Spine Institute. Our Center for Behavioral Health offers inpatient child, adolescent, adult and geriatric services while our outpatient services include a Partial hospitalization program (PHP), Intensive outpatient program (IOP) and a 24 hour behavioral health support hotline. They are also a certified Baker Act receiving facility. University is licensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration and certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. Our family-friendly ER provides expert, compassionate care for patients of all ages and special accommodations for seniors. Other specialty services include a wound care center as well as comprehensive diagnostic services accredited in multiple modalities including pediatric CT imaging by the American College of Radiology.
We continue a proud tradition of providing high quality personalized care in our local community. Explore possibilities to join our team where colleagues are valued and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect, and dignity.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At University Hospital and Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
The Respiratory Therapist provides treatment, care and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Delivers and assesses responses to ordered therapy per plan of care including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic procedures.
- Utilizes various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas equipment such as masks, tents and incubators.
- Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosol drugs.
- Measures ventilatory volumes, pressures and blood gas analysis.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition and general acceptance of treatment.
RRT State licensure required
- BLS health care provider & ACLS required.
- Graduate of Respiratory Care program accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed