Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Lake Wales
- A historic community with a hometown family feel; voted “friendliest small town in FL”
- Surrounded by golf courses, beautiful lakes, and outdoor adventures
- The facility is just 20 minutes away from LEGOLAND Florida
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
- PRN Nights
- Must satisfactorily complete an orientation, a critical care training program, pass a proficiency exam, and be proficient at all applicable procedures defined in the principal duties and responsibilities.
- Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations per hospital policies on a continual basis. Documents and charges for procedures accurately and completely to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital.
- Responds to Code Blue emergencies immediately providing CPR per the American Heart Association guidelines. Performs airway maintenance including: proper use of manual resuscitators, suctioning, extubating, assists with bronchoscopy, assists with tracheostomy tube insertion, performs LMA insertion, oral and nasal pharyngeal airway insertion, and procedural respiratory support. May perform endotracheal intubation, under direct supervision, or after completion of documented competency.
- Properly utilizes patient assessment skills, prescriber care plans, chart review, and conferring with multidisciplinary team to determine efficacy of therapy in a cost and time efficient manner making appropriate recommendations and changes per prescriber care plan. Performs respiratory therapies and oxygen delivery therapies and makes recommendations to the most efficient delivery method per prescriber care plan.
- Initiates, maintains, transports and monitors mechanical ventilators to include all conventional modes of ventilation per policy and procedure. Reviews chest radiology reports as necessary and per policy and procedure. Initiates, maintains, and monitors the delivery of heliox therapy.
- Associate’s degree from a Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science program, OR
- If hired prior to November 20, 2015, must be a graduate of a Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary program
- Current, valid state of Florida license as:
- A Registered Respiratory Therapist OR
- If hired prior to January 31, 2019: Registered Respiratory Therapist or Certified Respiratory Therapist
- Exception: For Cost Center 7610, 7611, 9280: Registered Respiratory Therapist or Certified Respiratory Therapist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- For Cost Center 7633: Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- For Cost Centers 7630, 7637, 1520, 0520, and 9390: Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary science (Preferred)
- For Cost Center 0520, 1520, 4270, 5040, 7637, 9390: Current PALS and NRP certification (Preferred)
- For Cost Center 4270, 5040, 7610: Current ACLS certification (Preferred)
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the treatment, care, and needs of an assigned group of patients. Adheres to AdventHealth Orlando Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed