Gables Search Group
The Registered Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing professional care to patients in need of their services in the areas of Respiratory Care, ECG, EEG, and PFT as directed by the attending physician and in accordance with the established hospital objectives, policies and procedures. The Registered Respiratory Therapist is directly accountable to the Rehabilitation Services Director for providing an optimal level of patient care.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Graduate from an approved school of Respiratory Care. On the job training for ECG, EEG, Stress Tests and PFT.
• Current BLS, ACLS, NRP and PALS Certifications.
• Registered Respiratory Therapist credential issued by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
• Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in the State of SD
• Graduate of approved Respiratory Care school.
• On the job training in ECG, EEG, Stress Tests and Pulmonary Functions.
• Current state licensure.
• Appropriate level of knowledge in anatomy and physiology of respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
• Pharmacology on respiratory related drugs.
• Thorough knowledge of equipment and procedures.
• Ability to relate to patients, medical staff and co-workers in a productive manner; to keep accurate records, to administer treatments according to doctor’s orders and perform duties in accordance with established Respiratory Care Procedures. Must be adept at communicating/providing care for individuals pediatric to geriatric in age.
• Patient care staff must be skilled in caring for patients
Verifies physicians orders, performs patient assessments and establishes treatment schedule
• Administer treatment and diagnostic tests (ECG’s, EEG’s, Stress Tests and PFT’s) according
to established department policies and procedures and assesses patient’s response to therapy.
• Makes recommendations to patient’s physician regarding their therapy.
• Assists with discharge planning and education of patients, families and other professionals.
• Documents appropriate data ( patient assessments, therapy performed, patient responses,
educational and discharge instructions.)
• Utilizes necessary documentation tool, i.e., log sheets, treatment cards, and computer logs to
verify and record required information.
• Maintains effective communication with patients, families and other professionals to promote team effort.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Relays pertinent information to department staff, appropriate healthcare center staff and physicians.
• Continuing education to maintain and develop skills and knowledge. State licensure
requirement 20 CEU’s ( Continuing Education Units) every 2 years.
• Performs ABG’s and intubations to maintain skills.
• Maintains basic CPR, PALS, NRP, and ACLS training.
• Conducts in-services, department tours and assists with student observers.
• Assists in developing and promoting new programs.
• Able to organize, plan and present community educational programs.
• Assists with observing and evaluating other department staff members on job competencies.
• Assists with keeping department clean and orderly.
• Assists with revision of home instruction sheets & Quality Improvement activities.
• Assists in in-servicing department staff on Respiratory Care Topics.
• Ensures equipment is in safe working order.
• Assists with ordering and restocking of supplies.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed