We Are Hiring:
NICU Respiratory Therapist – RRT
St. Thomas Rutherford Hospital
Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville area)
What You Will Do:
Provide evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Assess patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develop a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implement and monitor patient care plan and equipment.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition.
- Perform advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educate the patient and family about the health condition and provide information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Respond to emergency resuscitation team code.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Respiratory Care obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed