St. David's Medical Center
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Respiratory Therapist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s Austin Market Float Pool that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s HealthCare we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
Student Loan Repayment
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Respiratory Therapist like you to be a part of our team.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist, you will administer respiratory care to patients as ordered by the attending physician. You will conduct diagnostic procedures to evaluate the need for, and response to, therapy. You will be required to float to all St. David’s Healthcare System Facilities.
You will initiate, monitor, and maintain mechanically ventilated patients
You will administer and monitor respiratory care treatments
You will record pertinent information in patient’s medical record
You will perform noninvasive and invasive diagnostic tests and monitoring
With more than 130 sites across Central Texas, St. David’s HealthCare includes eight of the area’s leading hospitals with over 1500 beds and is one of the largest health systems in Texas. The organization was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award—the nation’s highest presidential honor for performance excellence—in 2014. St. David’s HealthCare is the third-largest private employer in the Austin area, with more than 10,600 employees.
St. David’s HealthCare is a unique partnership between hospital management company HCA and two local non-profits—St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation. The proceeds from the operations of the hospitals fund the foundations, which, in turn, invest those dollars back into the community. Since the inception of St. David’s HealthCare in 1996, more than $269 million have been given back to the community to improve the health and healthcare of people in Central Texas.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Respiratory Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
- 3 – 5 years of acute care hospital experience
- Graduate of an American Medical Association (AMA) approved Respiratory Therapy program
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) by the Texas Medical Board
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification by the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Valid Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification by the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Valid Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) certification by the American Heart Association required within 6 months of hire
- Valid Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood pressure, Lab work, and Emotional support (S.T.A.B.L.E.) certification for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) required within 1 year of hire
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed