Northwest Medical Center
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
External Candidates Only. For more information, contact: Kimberly Zavala
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in emergency, critical care, as well as women’s and children’s services. Out state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translates to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your grow potential.
We offer a generous benefits package, including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Match
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Reimbursement & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Scholarship Program
- Clinical Certification Support & Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- And more!
Being a part of HCA Healthcare, we provide unprecedented career opportunity including the ability to move within more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 21 states and the United Kingdom.
- Delivers and assesses responses to ordered therapy per plan of care including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic procedures.
- Utilizes various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas equipment such as masks, tents and incubators.
- Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosol drugs.
- Measures ventilator volumes, pressures and blood gas analysis.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition and general acceptance of treatment.
- Performs a variety of duties related to setting up, operating, cleaning, sterilizing, and storing respiratory therapy equipment.
- Responds to emergency team calls.
- Educates patients and family members and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Active Florida Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) License required.
- Minimum 1 Year of Respiratory Therapy Critical Care Experience Required
- BLS health care provider. ACLS and PALS preferred
- Frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling and moving equipment.
- Must be able to treat adults, pediatricis, and newborns.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed