SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Come join us at Johnston-Willis Hospital! Johnston-Willis is one of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) family of hospitals. We have been delivering high-quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and Central Virginia for more than a century. Founded in 1909, we offer a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care, and neuroscience at our first-in-Richmond Neuroscience and Gamma Knife Center.
Though we are well over a hundred years we have continued stay above the curve, offering patients technological advancements and compassionate patient care. That commitment to quality has led to multiple accolades that every member of the Johnston-Willis family takes a great deal of pride in:
- The Joint Commission has awarded us the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for surgical care, perinatal care, pneumonia, heart attack and hip and knee replacement.
- Johnston-Willis is the first hospital in the US to receive The Joint Commission Gold Seal Certificate of Distinction for Brain Tumor care.
- We are the first non-academic hospital in Virginia to receive the Comprehensive Stroke Certification by DNV-GL Healthcare, the highest level of competence possible for stroke care.
- Our ER is also the only state-authorized Level III Trauma Center in Chesterfield County, which means we can provide fast, skilled care in life’s worst moments.
Do want to join a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver award-winning care? Johnston- Willis is looking for a dynamic Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT II) who is team-oriented and loves to work in a fast-paced acute care setting. Are you are a patient centric professional who embodies HCA’s mission to commit to the care and improvement of human life? Do you have at least 2 years of experience in critical care?
The duties and responsibilities of the Registered Respiratory Therapist II include, but are not limited to:
Maintain NBRC credentials for Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist
Ensures safe and appropriate oxygen administrations through the Oxygen Therapist Driven Protocol.
Performs non-invasive SpO2 monitoring through pulse oximetry via overnight studies, exercise, continuous and spot checks.
Administers all therapy modalities to Adults, NICU and PICU patients per physician orders.
Performs VEST therapy.
Performs regular equipment rounds, cleaning and set up
Sets up and operates CPAP/Bi-Level therapy.
Performs adult/neonatal/pediatric arterial/capillary puncture and blood gas analysis while adhering to established blood gas quality control protocol
Performs trouble-shooting and maintenance of Blood Gas Machine as a Super User.
Responds and participates in all code blue situations.
Sets up and monitors NIPPV (non-invasive positive pressure ventilation) through both Bi-Level and Volume ventilation.
Initiates, operates and monitors Adult, neonatal and/or pediatric mechanical ventilators.
Assists in bedside therapeutic bronchoscopies.
Performs diagnostic bronchoscopies.
Initiates, operates and monitors both Heliox and Nitric Oxide therapy.
Precepts new employees or staff members entering into a new area of training.
Performs bedside spirometry.
Performs Diagnostic Pulmonary Function studies.
Performs Metabolic testing for spontaneously breathing and artificially ventilated patients.
Performs intubations as needed as a member of the Code Blue team.
Sets up and operates specialized neonatal/pediatric-monitoring equipment.
Transports infants and children. Takes NICU/PICU call as required/needed.
Assists with neonatal/pediatric deliveries & emergencies.
Performs peripheral and umbilical arterial line draws.
Maintains NRP & PALS certificates.
We value you and your future. HCA is proud to offer great leadership, a nurturing environment, many opportunities for growth and development, competitive pay and great full-time/part-time benefits including multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment assistance and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA also receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately so apply today!
HCA is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 184 hospitals and 2000 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers and physician clinics located in 21 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA is ranked number 63 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently recognized for being one of the “Worlds Most Admired Companies” and “World’s Most Ethical Companies.”
- High School Graduate and Graduate of Registered Respiratory Therapy Program (RRT) (required)
- Current Virginia Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner (required)
- Maintain NBRC credentials for Registered Respiratory Therapist (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (required)
- Registered or registry-eligible Respiratory Therapist (preferred)
- NBRC Perinatal/Pediatric Specialty Exam passed (preferred)
- CPFT, NRP, PALS and/or ACLS (preferred)
- Documented one year clinical experience through education or work experience (required)
- One year critical care, NICU/PICU RRT experience; knowledge and experience in basic floor care and mechanical ventilation, blood gas analysis, pulmonary function testing, bronchoscopy, capnography and oximetry equipment (preferred)
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed