SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
See why our employees love working at Chippenham Hospital
- Maintain NBRC credentials for Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Ensures safe and appropriate oxygen administrations through the Oxygen Therapist Driven Protocol.
- Performs non-invasive SpO2 monitoring through pulse oximetry via overnight studies, exercise, continuous and spot checks.
- Administers all therapy modalities to Adults patients per physician orders.
- Performs VEST therapy.
- Performs regular equipment rounds, cleaning and set up
- Sets up and operates CPAP/Bi-Level therapy.
- Performs arterial/capillary puncture and blood gas analysis while adhering to established blood gas quality control protocol
- Performs trouble-shooting and maintenance of Blood Gas Machine as a Super User.
- Responds and participates in all code blue situations.
- Sets up and monitors NIPPV (non-invasive positive pressure ventilation) through both Bi-Level and Volume ventilation.
- Initiates, operates and monitors Adult mechanical ventilators.
- Assists in bedside therapeutic bronchoscopies.
- Performs diagnostic bronchoscopies.
- Initiates, operates and monitors both Heliox and Nitric Oxide therapy.
- Precepts new employees or staff members entering into a new area of training.
- Performs bedside spirometry.
- Performs Diagnostic Pulmonary Function studies.
- Performs Metabolic testing for spontaneously breathing and artificially ventilated patients.
- Performs intubations as needed as a member of the Code Blue team.
HCA is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 184 hospitals and 2000 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers and physician clinics located in 21 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA is ranked number 63 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently recognized for being one of the “Worlds Most Admired Companies” and “World’s Most Ethical Companies.”
School Graduate and Graduate Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
critical care experience.
one-year NICU/PICU experience. Knowledge and experience in basic floor
care and mechanical ventilation, blood gas analysis, pulmonary function
testing, bronchoscopy, capnography and oximetry equipment.
- Respiratory Therapist I: Virginia Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Maintain NBRC credentials for Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider.
- Full Time
- Day Shift
- Weekend & Holiday requirements
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed