St. David's Georgetown Hospital
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Respiratory Therapist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s Georgetown Hospital we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Respiratory Therapist like you to be a part of our team.
- You will be responsible for setting up and operating various types of respiratory care equipment
- You will be perform a range of technical procedures related to cardiopulmonary hemodynamics
- You will demonstrate competency in proper airway care
- You will be able to assess patients appropriately, interpret results accurately, and suggest alternative respiratory treatment
- You will exhibit competency in the performance of routine patient assessment and in the ability to correctly recognize and interpret respiratory dysfunction
- You will function as a respiratory care protocol assessor by delivering therapy and reassessing patients in a timely manner and maintaining proper and accurate documentation
- You will communicate regularly with physicians and nurses about patient care plans and updates
St. David’s Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David’s HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. St. David’s Georgetown Hospital is a114-bed hospital offering a range of services. A 24-hour emergency department with a level IV trauma center; Certified Primary Stroke Center; Certified Chest Pain Center; inpatient and outpatient surgery; advanced pulmonary intervention; critical care capabilities; acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation; and maternity and newborn services with mother-baby couplet care close to home for Georgetown families. In conjunction with its parent campus, St. David’s Medical Center, Healthgrades awarded St. David’s Georgetown Hospital the 2016 America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award™, 2016 Patient Safety Excellence Award™ and the 2016 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™—a unique trio of awards that only three hospitals in the nation were able to achieve—as well as the 2016 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence. Additionally, St. David’s Georgetown Hospital was named to the list of 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics for four years in conjunction with its parent campus, and the facility earned a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group from 2012 to 2016.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Respiratory Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Acute Care Hospital experience – preferred
- Associates degree in Respiratory Therapy from an American Medical Association accredited program
- Current Texas Respiratory Care Practitioner license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as per St. David's HealthCare policy
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification – preferred
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – preferred
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed